Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Pressing ENTER Should Perform Conversion

Pressing ENTER Should Perform Conversion
by cbrennan on 04/18/02 at 07:02:37

Hi all.  I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but I though I'd post this suggesion anyways.  It's something that has always bugged me.

After entering a value in the "Convert what?" box, I'd like to be able to press the enter key and have the conversion performed.  I don't like having to reach over to the mouse and press the Convert button, espically when doing many conversions quickly.  Picky, I know  ;)

Other than that I love the site, keep up the good work!

CJB

Re: Pressing ENTER Should Perform Conversion
by Robert Fogt on 04/18/02 at 12:37:03

That just depends on the browser. Hitting enter does work for me.  Just not all browsers and versions support it.

by cbrennan on 05/24/02 at 07:33:59

Hi Robert.  Just FYI, I'm using IE5.5

CJB

by David Short on 05/29/03 at 02:36:39

80% of users have the latest version of Internet Explorer, and 90% use some version of Internet Explorer.

And pressing Enter doesn't perform the conversion in IE!  :o

by Robert Fogt on 05/30/03 at 00:48:50

I just made changes to the JavaScript used in the new conversions.

Internet Explorer users, and Netscape versions prior to 6, now perform the conversions by pressing enter.

This effects the Area, Length, Pressure, Torque, Volume, and Weight/Mass conversion pages. So far those are the only pages converted to the new style.

All new conversion pages will use this, plus as I convert the older conversion pages to the new style, they will use it too.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate