Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

problems with watch size conversions

problems with watch size conversions
by confusedguy on 03/10/03 at 20:10:13

Hello all,

I'm having a tremendous problem buying a watch for my signifigant other. She has a very small wrist and I have to find a watch that is smaller than the one she currently has. (since that one is on the big size).

This is the pasted info on a watch on ebay I'm thinking about getting her.

caliber eta 2824-2 (swiss made)

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date movement size: 25,60mm (11 ½´´´) total diameter and 4,60mm thickness assortiment: newest execution with 25 rubies,

I have no idea how to take those numbers and find out how big the watch is. If anyone can help please let me know. The current watch she has is about 1.40 inches across and 1.50 inches from the top to bottom. (Am I measuring that right?) Thanks in advance for any help. My email address is wesleyferretlord@hotmail.com is anyone can email me with some help directly.

Thanks

Re: problems with watch size conversions
by confusedguy on 03/10/03 at 20:12:44

dang oops the pasted info messed up should look like this:

caliber eta 2824-2 (swiss made)

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date movement size: 25,60mm (11 and one half) total diameter and 4,60mm thickness assortiment: newest execution with 25 rubies,

by confusedguy on 03/10/03 at 20:45:32

Okay,

I managed to find out that the swiss use a , to indicate a decimal point so the watch I'm looking at is 25.6mm and is 4.60 mm thick. Only problem I'm having now is how to convert that to inches and also it says date movement size is that the same thing as diameter??? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

by Robert Fogt on 03/10/03 at 23:11:21

Wrap a piece of string around her wrist, then measure the string.  This will give you the circumference of her wrist.  Take that to any watch store, lay a watch band down flat and measure it.

The dimensions given from the e-bay watch are just for the main watch, not the band. Those dimensions wont help you any.

Watch bands can easily be changed, so just buy whatever watch she likes the best, then take it to a watch store and get a band that fits her.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate