Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Help...figure pet meds?

Help...figure pet meds?
by dumbblonde on 02/13/04 at 18:23:43

Hello all smart people...I need help to mix up a medicine for my rabbit...it calls for a "5% solution"...the substance is a solid(think sugar) and it is being mixed into water...I do not know how or where to begin? I would be ever so hoppy if anyone could answer this with a "recipe"....and feel free to snicker at my lack of mathamatical ability, just don't tell the rabbits....thanks...bye

Re: Help...figure pet meds?
by Robert Fogt on 02/13/04 at 19:47:13

Well, thats a tough question, don't feel hard on yourself.

If you had 1 teaspoon medicine, and 19 teaspoons water, that would be a 5% solution.

That may be a bit much, so you could use 1/2 teaspoon medicine and 9 and 1/2 teaspoons water.

Just think of 5% as 1 part of one thing, to 19 parts of another.

by dumbblonde on 02/13/04 at 20:11:47

Ok, I guess the thing that was messing us up( a few of us have been trying to figure this out online) was the matter of one part being a solid, and the other a liquid...thanks so much, this might make bunny history...well, it could help a lot of sick ones anyway...thank you for your time, bye from me and the bunnies (who do know a lot more about multiplication than is good for them)

by Robert Fogt on 02/14/04 at 15:41:59

Just so you know, my method would be 5% by volume. Which is different than 5% by weight.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate