Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Search for a unit

Search for a unit
by Stefan B on 09/29/04 at 06:18:49

To increate the use of the site it would be nice if you added the unit abbreviations and also make them possible to search. The search result could include a list of the found units, a short description and a link to the conversion page. To make the search even better it could both include and exclude the standard metric prefixes.

It would also be interesting to get the historical background information about the different units, especially the odd ones. It is of course allot of work to maintain it but it would make the site more interesting and you could probably get allot of material from your users.

Thanks for a great site :). It helped me quite allot to convert a program for the US market. Interesting, this is the only developed country in the world that still use the old foot, inch and gallons, all others use the metric system.

Re: Search for a unit
by Robert Fogt on 09/29/04 at 11:24:29

I am working on a dictionary of units. It will just take some time though, as there are so many different units. Takes time to write up a definition of each.

I will have something up someday though. The site has slowly but surely grown over the years and will continue to do so for years to come.

I'll have to think things through on whether to store them in a database or use a static html page for the dictionary. Pros and cons each way.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate