Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Temperature Increse in a known space

Temperature Increse in a known space
by RWC on 06/06/05 at 17:23:01

I need some help performing a set of calculations utilizing a fuel who's gross heat value is 19,836.8 Btu/lb and when burned in a space whose initial temp is 70 deg.F, the space volume is 18,733.3 Ft3.

If I take two lbs of this fuel and combust it in the space under ideal conditions, what formula do I use to determilne the final space temperature after all the fuel has combusted.  

HELP!!!!

Re: Temperature Increse in a known space
by Robert Fogt on 06/06/05 at 20:30:57

I could not find much searching.

You know the total energy is 39673.6 Btu (19836.8 * 2) and you know 1 Btu is the heat energy required to raise 1 pound of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit.

You have the volume of the space, but it is air, not water, so that is where I am lost. You could search and find out how to convert the specific heat capacity of water to air, then you'd be all set.

Try starting here:
http://2the4.net/heat1.htm

You may even be able to contact them with the email at the bottom of the page and get a direct answer to your question, as they seem to know what they are talking about.

If you do come across the answer, please post here so the next person who needs to know will have it. :)

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate