Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Kg/Sec converted to SCFM

Kg/Sec converted to SCFM
by dwukits on 11/15/05 at 16:56:19

I need to convert Kg/Sec to SCFM with the below facts known.

Altitude: 2134'
Temp: 75F
RH: 55%

Please Help!

Re: Kg/Sec converted to SCFM
by Robert Fogt on 11/16/05 at 05:42:09

That depends on the density or specific gravity of the substance. What is the substance? I may be able to look up the density.

Also, SCFM stands for standard cubic feet/minute. The word Standard means standard temperature and pressure. It is unlikely the standard temperature is 75ºF nor the standard pressure of 1 atmosphere at that altitude. Are you looking what the flow rate would be if it was at standard temperature and pressure? I thought maybe you just meant regular CFM instead of SCFM.

by Darin Wukits on 11/16/05 at 08:55:45

The substance is the air that we breath.  If SCFM is standard then use standard temperature and pressure.  I do need to find out how to come up with SCFM from Kg/Sec.  I do need to know what a flow rate would be for an air compressor if the application is rated in Mass Flow / Kg/Sec. ???  Thank you!

by Darin Wukits on 11/16/05 at 09:01:06

One more question.  If the density of air at sea level is 0.076 lb/ft^3, then what is it a 2134' elevation?  I believe I need to know this to figure out the problem?

by Robert Fogt on 11/16/05 at 10:51:10

Maybe not.  You want to convert to standard temperature and pressure which would be measured at sea level (1 atmosphere).

Since a kilogram of air weighs a kilogram no matter where you are, only the volume (or pressure) is going to change depending on the temperature and pressure.

If you want to convert to CFM then you'd need to know the density at your altitude, but with SCFM you wont need to know that, just the standard density.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate