Sunday, December 26th, 2004
- Changed the Light-Year slightly, improving accuracy. Previously I had the data entered in scientific notation, losing a little accuracy. I wanted it based on exactly the speed of light, which is 299,792,458 meters/second
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2004
- Replaced the Search script with a newer, more secure script. Still cannot search the forum archive outside of the forum, I will work on that.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2004
- Fixed a Time Zone error with Tehren Iran. Previously it was GMT+3 when it should have been GMT+3.3
Wednesday, December 15th, 2004
- Changed FAQ #9 slightly. The previous wording could make it sound like the U.S. uses the metric ton, when that is just what the U.S. calls the tonne.
Sunday, December 12th, 2004
- Completely rewrote the Illuminance conversion page. Added a couple units and improved accuracy.
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004
- Updated the message forum archive for the month of November.
Sunday, November 21st, 2004
- Added a page on stopping Spyware and Viruses. Hopefully to help others who have the same problems I ran into.
Friday, November 19th, 2004
- Added the kilonewton/square meter unit and the meganewton/square meter unit to the pressure conversion page.
Thursday, November 18th, 2004
- Removed all Advertising.com ads, as they began using pop-up without my knowledge.
Friday, November 12th, 2004
- Began archiving the Message Forum messages. Now you should be able to find tons more information as the forum consisted of nearly 500 pages.
Wednesday, November 10th, 2004
- Completely rewrote the Luminance conversion page. Updated it to the new style, added units, and improved accuracy.
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004
- Updated the Time Zone page to default without Daylight Saving in effect.
Friday, October 29th, 2004
- Added a page on Linking to OnlineConversion.com.
Friday, October 22nd, 2004
- Added the Gallon of LPG (both U.S. and UK gallons) to the energy conversion page.
Monday, October 18th, 2004
- Completely rewrote the Energy Conversion Page. Added several units and improved accuracy.
Thursday, October 14th, 2004
- Removed a total of 6 units from the Power conversion page. While I managed to find many sites listing these units, I could not find any documentation to suggest they were actually used anyplace.
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004
- Added the European and ISO standard week number to the Day/Week/Day of Week conversion page. Previously it only listed the U.S. method.
Thursday, September 30th, 2004
- Improved the accuracy of the board foot unit on the Volume conversion page. Now displays the correct 144 cubic inches instead of the incorrect 144.0000001
Thursday, September 16th, 2004
- Added a page to calculate the Day number, Week number, and Day of the week for a given date. It is located in the Date/Time section.
Wednesday, September 8th, 2004
- Changed the Foot [pre-1959 Canada] length unit to the Foot [pre-1963 Canada] unit. Canada went with the British Weights and Measures Act of 1963.
Sunday, September 5th, 2004
- Added a note to the "Weight on other planets" page, as the sun and moon are not technically called planets.
Thursday, August 19th, 2004
- Updated the How Old calculator to allow for people born in 2004.
Monday, August 16th, 2004
- I added an Ohm's Law calculator to the Misc section. The first new conversion page added in some time.
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004
- Replaced the kilogram meter with the kilogram-force meter on the Energy conversion page. It was a name change only to distinguish the kilogram of mass from the kilogram of force.
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004
- I removed all advertisements from the contact pages. There were concerns that ad agencies could use tracking cookies to collect information from that page.
Saturday, August 7th, 2004
- Updated the Day Born and the Days Until Retire calculator pages. Previously you could only enter birthdays up to the year 2000.
Friday, August 6th, 2004
- Added an additional Morgen unit to the Area conversion page. I previously had the German unit, and there is also a South African unit having a different value.
Saturday, July 24th, 2004
- Moved the Currency conversion link to the top of the finance section. It is the most used link on that page, and was proving a bit difficult to find easily.
Thursday, July 8th, 2004
- Added a furlong and rod unit to the length conversion page based on the international mile. The traditional furlong and rod are based on the survey foot. The new are based on the international foot.
Friday, July 2nd, 2004
- Added a FAQ page on the difference between the long ton, short ton, and metric ton.
Sunday, June 27th, 2004
- Added Block to the Length conversion page. Previously it was listed only as City Block, which was looked over when searching alphabetically for block.
- Added Chile to the Time Zone conversion page.
Thursday, June 24th, 2004
- Fixed an obscure bug. When entering negative numbers the result showed only the portion following the decimal point. Now all numbers are converted to positive values first.
Thursday, June 17th, 2004
- Fixed an inaccuracy with the French weight unit livre. Previously it was listed as 500 grams when it is actually 489.5 grams. Also added the French weight unit quintal, which is 100 livre, plus the Spanish quintal (100 libra) and the Portugese quintal (128 libra).
Tuesday, June 15th, 2004
- Updated the Time Zone conversion page to enable Daylight Saving. Seems I forgot to do that when it started this spring.
Wednesday, June 9th, 2004
- Added a FAQ on converting between inches and millimeters of rainfall.
Sunday, June 6th, 2004
- Rewrote the Typography conversion page to use the new format. Improved accuracy and added units.
- Added the agate unit to the length/distance conversion page.
Tuesday, May 18th, 2004
- Rewrote the Frequency conversion page to use the new format. Improved accuracy and added units.
Thursday, April 29th, 2004
- Removed the khat unit from the length page. While it is listed on other sites, I was unable to verify it as a real unit. Additional research was initiated by a visitor to the site.
- Added million gallon/day and a few other related units to the Volume basis Flow Rate conversion page.
Wednesday, April 21st, 2004
- Added the kilogram-force centimeter unit to the Torque conversion page.
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004
- Added Tablespoon and Teaspoon to the volume page. Previously it was only found on the cooking page.
- Completely rewrote the Cooking Volume conversion page. Updated it to the new format, added several units, and improved accuracy.
Friday, April 16th, 2004
- Fixed a spelling error and a couple punctuation errors on the Advanced Roman Numeral conversion page.
Sunday, April 11th, 2004
- Changed the wording a bit with the Canadian Foot on the Length Conversion page. It now states it is a pre-1959 unit. Canada switched to the international definition of the foot at that time.
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004
- Changed the City Block distances on the length conversion page to base them on the mile, instead of the meter. This made them a bit more accurate.
Thursday, April 1st, 2004
- Research, and information from visitors, has turned up two sizes to the #10 can. This smaller size has been added to the Cooking conversion page.
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004
- Added feet to the length/distance conversion page. Previously it was listed only as foot, which was causing some people to miss it. That should be the only unit with such a confusing plural form.
Sunday, March 28th, 2004
- Added a new calculator to the Date/Time page. You can now calculate the number of days between two dates.
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004
- Modified all the pages to remove my e-mail address and point to a contact page instead. Trying to discourage spambots and reduce the number of e-mail worms I receive.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004
- Added a FAQ page on the knot and nautical mile.
Saturday, February 14th, 2004
- Removed the cc symbol for the cubic centimeter on the volume and cooking conversion pages. cc is the obsolete symbol and I should not be using it.
Saturday, February 7th, 2004
- Added the circumference in mm to more of the ring sizes on the Ring Size conversion page.
- Fixed a rounding error on the Energy conversion page. A foot pound was showing up as 11.999999 inch pounds instead of 12.
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004
- Made a slight change to the Time Zone conversion page. It was failing in some versions of Internet Explorer.
Monday, February 2nd, 2004
- Increased the size of result box for the Astronomical conversion page. The size of the units were too large to read without scrolling.
Wednesday, January 28th, 2004
- Fixed a bug in the Length conversion page. A hand is now correctly stated as 4 inches.
- Added dram to the Volume conversion page. Not sure how it was left off in the first place.
Saturday, January 17th, 2004
- Changed the unit gradient to the correct term grad on the angle conversion page.
- Fixed a spelling error on the Time Zone conversion page. Edinburgh is spelled correctly now.
Monday, January 12th, 2004
- Added Egypt and South Africa to the Time Zone conversion page.
Friday, January 9th, 2004
- Completely rewrote the Density conversion page. Added many more units and improved accuracy.
- Fixed a bug in the Driving Distance calculator. Distances involving Little Rock Arkansas were incorrect.
Thursday, January 8th, 2004
- Changed the wording slightly on most of the conversion pages to avoid confusion. Changed "Convert what?" to "Convert what quantity?"