Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

HP to torque

HP to torque
by 1110d on 10/26/05 at 09:27:10

OK, I have a machine that requires 5,304 in/lbs of torque @ 600rpm to operate it.  I have a motor that makes 13hp @ 750rpm.  Does the engine have enough power to operate the machine?

Re: HP to torque
by Robert Fogt on 10/27/05 at 08:15:33

I do not believe it is possible to convert between horsepower and torque, though I am not positive. It depends on too many different factors and would be different for each engine.

I think you have to take the engine to a shop and have them measure the torque on a scope. Or contact the manufacturer who may have the data posted.

Re: HP to torque
by 1110d on 10/28/05 at 09:47:18

[quote author=Robert Fogt link=board=general;num=1130333230;start=0#1 date=10/27/05 at 08:15:33]I do not believe it is possible to convert between horsepower and torque, though I am not positive. It depends on too many different factors and would be different for each engine.

I think you have to take the engine to a shop and have them measure the torque on a scope. Or contact the manufacturer who may have the data posted.[/quote]

Actually, I was able to find the conversion figures on-line.  You are able to conver HP to torque and vice-versa as the two are a function of each other.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate